Survival Preparedness Guide – Arsenal
A BASIC SURVIVAL ARSENAL:
If you are going to have only one gun, make it a semi-automatic or pump action 12-gauge shotgun. Imposing, persuasive and effective for hunting and defense as a 12 gauge can be, it is not by itself a survival arsenal.
To be properly prepared for hunting and to defend your home, family and survival preparedness supplies you will need to buy a complete arsenal including, if possible, at least one each of the following:
- A hunting rife, caliber .308 Winchester, with a telescopic sight.
- A semi-automatic rifle of either; the AR 10 or M1A type, caliber .308 Winchester (7.62mm NATO), with telescopic sight.
- A semi-automatic or pump action 12 or 20-gauge shotgun.
- A handgun of substantial caliber for every adult.
- A semi-automatic carbine, caliber .223 Remington, (5.56mm NATO), with a red dot sight.
- A bolt action or semi-automatic small game rifle, caliber .22LR with telescopic sight.
- Plentiful, ample and lots of ammunition for practice, training, hunting and actual defense, for each weapon.
- A crossbow, 150 to 180+ lb draw and dozens of bolts (arrows).
- A strong slingshot for every person over 10 years of age
Now, if you do not already know: LEARN HOW TO KEEP, STORE AND USE YOUR GUNS SAFELY!!! More important than simply having any gun is KNOWING HOW TO USE IT. It makes no difference what you have in your hands, if you miss the target.
You never need a gun until you need it, and then you damn well better be sure that you have the right gun and that you know how, and are willing, to use it.