Have you ever needed to make a meal go father and be more filling?
There are 4 different meal packages that come with the Emergency Survival Kit. Each packages comes in a waterproof, re-sealable durable metalized plastic packet with both a nitrogen flush and an oxygen absorption packet to protect the food and provide up to 20 years shelf-life. Each packet contains 10 servings of food with instructions on how to prepare as well as a nutrition label. Each kit also includes 4 teaspoon size heavy duty plastic spoons that can be used to measure serving sizes. Four heaping teaspoons equal a one cup serving.
Please note: Our meals are designed to provide the best quality product with the highest caloric count for the money, and it is designed for emergency type use. Even though the shelf-life is noted 20 years, with proper care and storage, we suggest that all dried food be rotated every few years to ensure freshness.
The 4 different types of meals provided in the 72 Hour Emergency Survival Kit are:
1. Red Beans and Rice
2. Vegetable Chicken Stew
3. Vegetable Beef Stew
4. Hearty Potato Soup
Use your food storage staples you can extend a meal and make them more filling. Try using
- Rice – brown or white
- Pasta, Noodles, etc
- Beans: Pinto, Black, White
A few examples of how to use your staples:
1. Serving the soups and stews over cooked rice. It becomes like a sauce!
2. Serving the soups and stews over cooked potatoes or yams. Again another sauce!
2. Adding cooked beans
3. Adding cooked wheat berries
4. Adding cooked pasta/noodles
5. Serving the soups and stews over pasta/noodles.
6. Adding oats to soups and stews
7. Make dumplings to add to soups. In a bowl, mix a little water and flour to make a soft dough. Drop small pieces into a hot soup or stew. Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes then serve.
These options increase the fiber and protein within each serving. Fiber takes longer to digest and is a great filler. Not to mention keeping us regular!